Saturday, December 7, 2013

Word Wall Words In Dropbox




     A helpful way for first grade students to correlate their learning, especially the visual learners, is through word walls.  I have a word wall for all four subjects in my classroom.  As a skill is introduced, I present the vocabulary words from that unit to the students, and we talk about the words before putting them on the word wall.  As I'm teaching the unit and the vocabulary words come up in learning, I refer the students to those words on the word wall, so as to hopefully get them into the habit of referring to the word wall for future usage.  
     I have gone through the Curriculum Framework for each subject and picked out the key terms that the students need to know in each subject.  I put the words in a table, and then printed and laminated them for each word wall.  The math words are from Teachers Pay Teachers.com.  I have put these words in my Dropbox for others to use if they'd like to.  Click here to get to this folder in Dropbox. 


No comments:

Post a Comment